• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Military truck day trip find..!

overthepond

Hi guys,
Well i don't own any sort of military vehicle apart from my trusty old K5 that wears a m1009 paint scheme but on a recent day trip to North Yorkshire over here in the UK with my son i came upon the vehicle pictured below at a place called Eden Camp.
The camp was used from1942 - 48 to house captured Italian and German troops from North Africa.
Roll on a few years to 1986 and the camp has been purchased by a local business man who turns it into a great museum to tell its story and life in general around the uk from 39-45.

I grabbed a few shots of this truck and thought i'd share them with you all,not sure on the correct name but it was listed as a GMC 2-1/2 ton.It looks to be in good health but is sitting in the elements and slowly suffering for it which is a shame,inside the cab was filled with leaves and various creatures of the 6 and 8 legged kind...anyway enough with the small talk here is the truck,can anyone verify if the markings excluding the hood are genuine or made up for display purposes.

Enjoy!

Attachments

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks good for sitting out in the elements. They must do some maintenence on it. Thanks for sharing.

thought the same, and its a bit of a shame that they let it sit (eventually rot) outside. Someone should close that air-vent and pay a little attention to the front window frames as well as the interior. Beautiful CCKW!

overthepond

thought the same, and its a bit of a shame that they let it sit (eventually rot) outside. Someone should close that air-vent and pay a little attention to the front window frames as well as the interior. Beautiful CCKW!
Thats what i thought when looking over it,if i get down there soon i'll jump up and close the vent.. :D
Also worthy of a few snaps and i hope you guys don't mind me posting them up was this half track,sad looking interior again but generally sound.
It puzzles me why these vehicles are in such bad condition as they are part of the museum,without them there would be nothing to see and i guess replacing them would be almost impossible over here.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks