• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil Connection

mickeymouse

Hello everyone,

I am new to your forum and the M38A1, I recently bought what I believe to be a M38A1 without an oil filter :shock:

I am not new to working on vehicles, so what you school me in will take quickly. I would like to add an un authentic external oil filter[PH8A]. Upon sale of the vehicle I will convert the oil setup to the traditional cannister type, but to keep expenses down I will go this way for now.

I will run copper lines with brass fittings, just because it looks cool :wink:

I will attach a pictures of the drivers side engine and passenger side engine. I believe the drain or return side is on the cam housing.

My problem is I can't figure out the send line port.

Thank you for your time..

Attachments

sandrider

I have the same problem I have a 1961 m38a1 with a f134 I want to install the oil filter canister and hoses I have no idea were to hook up the oil lines Could someone post some good pictures to help us out Thanksaua

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I will try to remember to post some pictures of our '55 M38A1 tonight. If I do not, someone PM me and remind me.

aaron92685

The hole on top of the timing chain cover case is the return line to the engine from the oil filter. There is a fitting under the fuel pump that is the pressure line to the oil filter. If u need more pics let me know. Edit: I have scene replaced all the oil filter lines with the new original ones.

Attachments

Last edited:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I got to work yesterday at 0600 and left at 2300. Sorry.

As promised!

Attachments

jeeplvr247

Thanks for the pictures on this aaron, this is a helpful thread. My a1 came without an oil filter so I am looking for a replacement one. Does anybody know a good place to find an original looking one? all I can find are the orange ones with the smooth sides.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks