• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WWII 1 ton Ben Hur wood model

citizensoldier

I am in search of some info about my WWII 1 ton Ben Hur trailer. A few years ago when I purchased this trailer I was about to leave with it when the old guy stopped me and asked me to go behind his barn and retrieve a bracket that he said came with it when he got it 35 years ago. This appears to be a spare tire bracket that bolts under the trailer. I have never seen one on a trailer like this nor is it mentioned in any of the info about the trailers. Do any of you know about this bracket? Does it go to this trailer or maybe it is off of a old CCKW? Any info would help...

FrankUSMC

This is an old post, but just in case you have not found your answer about the bracket. It is correct on some Ben Hur trailers. I had one with the bracket on it. The bracket was used to carry a spare tire for the trailer when the trailer was issued to a unit that would pull the trailer with a Dodge and not a CCKW. The Dodge wheels will not work on the trailer in case it was to have a flat so the trailer had to carry it's own spare. The CCKW spare tire would fit the trailer.
I am also restoring a very nice and complete wooden Ben Hur that was made in May 1945.
Not as lean, not as mean, but still a Marine. Frank

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks