• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Antenna base needed?

citizensoldier

I am looking for a AS - 3900 radio base ? It does not have to work just needs to look nice.. Its just for looks.. Also if you radio heads could inlighten me on the unit that goes with this base.
I bought a antenna and it only fits the base mentioned above.. The threads are much bigger than the other bases I have..

BillIdaho

The picture appears to be of several MX6707's. If my feeble old memory serves me correct, those are not the same as the AS3900's mentioned. The threads for the antenna masts are different between the two.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yup, the pic above of my antenna bases are of the MX-6707 base used for the VRC-12 series of radios (RT-524, RT-246, AM-2060, etc). The AS-3900 base you are looking for is for SINCGARS series of radios, and do not interchange.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Basically there are 3 types of antennaes you will probably see on civilian owned military vehicles. The most common has got to be the MX-6707 matching unit, second is the SINCGARS AS-3900, and third is probably the Shakespear antenna which works with either/or the SINCGARS and/or 12 series radios. Website below has info on the different types except the Shakespear. The Shakespear link is at the bottom. I'm now carrying Shakespears on my vehicle which I am having one connected to an AM/FM radio.

http://www.tacticomusa.com/antenna.html

http://www.shakespeare-military.com/milantennashow.asp?product=4243

There are a bunch of different mount protectors out there but the most common is the sugar scoop and the other one is the one found on the M1009's. Both of these also had brush guards.

citizensoldier

Bill said:
The picture appears to be of several MX6707's. If my feeble old memory serves me correct, those are not the same as the AS3900's mentioned. The threads for the antenna masts are different between the two.
Ok let me clearify.. I have a antenna that fits the AS3900 base and need the base.. I have a MX6707 base and need the antenna.. :D
The above picture is one that Maddawg posted and I used it to show the type I was looking for a antenna for also.. medlog has me covered on both.. Thanks for everything guys..

lindyp38

i just picked up a 3900 base for my cucv.....i know this post is an older....one....but i just wanted to say thanks for posting the pics......i see now that ill need a specific antenna for my 3900 base.....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks