• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How do you know if the vehicle has an EUC?

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is there a way of finding out if a vehicle has an EUC on it? The CUCV that a friend of mine is looking at has been is civi hands for a while and the current owner does not know if there might be an EUC on it. He wants to export it to NZ.
Thanks, Will

papercu

enc

Any item with a demill code of G or Q will require a EUC. The CUCV will require one.
There places where you can buy one without a EUC but for export I'll bet someone will ask to see it.
The requirements may change but they do not expire. Wayne

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: enc

So, does that mean, that if the vehicle was purchased prior to the EUC thing...5 or 6 years ago...the original owner might have rec'd a notice that he needed to fill out the EUC when the EUC requirement started? If the original owner did get the notice, filled it out, or, sold it before he got the notice stating he needed to fill out the EUC, what would happen then? Is there a resource available to us, that can find this info out? How about theregistration numbers..assuming that the original numbers are still on the truck or it has the original dataplates.

papercu

EUC

I don't know the year the ECU started but it is more than 5 or 6 years ago. I started buying military trucks about 1993 and it was a requiement back then on trucks sold on the national sales.

They use the NSN to ID and the way I understand it ANYTIME a NSN is added to the Demil list it applies to all the item with that number and wouldn't matter if it was sold without a EUC the first time.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't know for sure but I think that even if the item was bought from the Gov. before EUCs were required you'll have to have approval on the item (if they require EUC now said item) before you can export. When the demil code changed it not only applied to future auctions but to any and all items (even in private hands) affected by the code change.

Michael

I have bought CUCVs before and after the EUC thing on them. The change on cucvs was only recently. I have not been asked for an EUC to be filled out on the ones I bought before the change, ... yet. Papercu must be thinking about M35s, they have needed one for a long time. You can look up the NSN number and it will give you the current demil status. I don't think it makes any difference if an EUC was filled out or not about it being illegal to export something on the list.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks