• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another revived MV

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Went to the Museum yesterday. Revived a LARK XV. Has 2 V8300 Cummins engines...yes, the same as the one in the M123, only marinized, bet, has conventional AND keel cooling! I'll take more pics later, I was covered in battery goo and didn't want to touch my camera after we took these.

Attachments

Boatcarpenter

Will, when you say conventional, do you mean radiator and fan or a closed engine loop and a raw water side with a heat exchanger, being the keel cooler? Or , is it that there is a fan and radiator and the engine coolant also goes through the keel cooler? In other words, how is it set up exactly.
Thanks, BC
BC

mhb285

Will,
I went by there on Thursday on my way to a job interview in Rosemead. . Came back by there at 11am and they still weren't open. I wanted to check them out. Any chrge for admission?
Mike

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are only open Friday thru Sunday, 10 am to 4 pm, to the public, sometimes there are special groups that go thru, I think. BC, it has 2 cooling systems. 1, just like a truck, with a radiator and fan for each engine, and a marine cooling system that uses the sea water to cool the closed loop system. I'll find out more on it the next time I go back Seems funny to see a boat with wheels, and a truck with a propeller! The tires are taller than I am and it has a single propeller under the cabin, that is about 2 feet in diameter. Here's a few more pics, I had to stop short earlier to get ready for church.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks