• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Invoice versuses Bill-of-sale

jimm1009

For a first timer since G.L. was in play, I have a question.
After the EUC is cleared through Battle Creek, how long does it take to get invoiced and once the invoice is paid, how long and where do yiou get the bill of sale?
The reason that I ask is that I can not get a transit plate (paper tag) without having a bill of sale. Title not required for transit since it is a 5 day paper tag but it can not be driven with legally without the insurance and paper tag in order to get it home. I know that towing is defferent since it is not being operated. Only has to have working tail lights hooked to towing vehicle with towbar, chains, etc.
Thanks,
Jim

jimm1009@yahoo.com

jumpmasterjim

You have to ask for a bill of sale. I had to get GL to send bill of sales for NY. Call and ask for one. I'm sure they will either fax/ e-mail it to you.

jimm1009

Invoice versus Bill-of-sale

I talked with G.L. "Live Chat" and they said getting a bill of sale is no problem but it will cost me $25.00 and I have to wait for it. They won't fax or e-mail it to me.
I was under the impression that they were required to give you a bill of sale for any item whether it be a box full of clothing to a truck or aircraft or boat so you had proof that you can haul it off and also show a legitimate expense if you do this professionally. I would think that the MPs on the base may want to see it too when you are pulling off post.
Isn't this supposed to be part of the sale and purchase transaction?
Why do I have to pay for piece of paper that I should get for free?
The whole reason that I need a bill of sale in my case is that I can get a trip permit or transit permit to drive my truck leagally for a three day period in order get it home. All I have to do is have three days worth of insurance to match the transit permit.
I was also told that the person running the lot may not allow me to drive my truck off their lot. Let me refraise that, the truck that I will have the bill of sale for, the truck that I will have insurance for, and the same truck that I will have legally purchased and will actully own when I arrive to pick it up. There is someone there that could potentially tell me that I can not hop in my privately owne vehicle and drive it home.
If anyone has light to shed on this please let me know. I think it should be illegal for a seller of a motor vehicle to ask for money in order to give you a bill of sale and they should be required by law to give you one automatically.
Inquiring minds need to know.
Thanks all.
Jim
jimm1009@yahoo.com

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: Invoice versus Bill-of-sale

Are you freakin kidding me?, 25.00 for a bill of sale? GL just gets better and better........

DSD277

RE: Invoice versus Bill-of-sale

Once paid, an invoice is technically a bill of sale. It should be stamped 'paid in full' with the check no. and date. In absence of marked paid, a copy of the paid check ( front and rear) should show proof of payment. Be sure important info is on both docs ( inv#, VIN and/or ID.) Didn't GL send any type of receipt of payment?
Whenever writing a check for anything, it is a good idea to write on it what it is for.

Dave Dunn

jimm1009

Invoice versus Bill-of-sale

I agree with the fellow MVers here.

I will use the invoice marked paid. This will be my "bill of sale" and
go from there.
Fingers crossed!

Thanks to all,

Jim

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks