• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Price for a GOAT

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I dunno, looks pretty complete. I'd say $2K is a good price for it. I've seen them go $2K or so for complete ones without the engine/tranny, but I'm cheap. If you can get it for that price, you got a deal.

Don't part it out like your other things. :D

txdodge43man

Is that the one that was on craigslist in houston I think he wanted $3,000 for it with title. But $2,000 sounds like a good price the Detroit engines in goats are pretty good engines we have three Gama Goats at the Museum and one sat for a couple years and some new fluids it cranked right up. brakes and steeting are a pain.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
$2000 would be a great price. I paid $1000 for one that was basically a bunch of crusty parts in a box with no engine or tranny. If it is complete and used to run, you should be good to go.

Gamagoat1

Lots of TLC on that one. Remember they are aluminum and , no matter what anybody says, they are a kick in the butt to drive and work on.

Nice goat, I had the opportunity to drive one at the museum mentioned above before coming back to the sandbox. What is the difference between the ambulance 792 and regular 561 because looking at both it did not seem to be any difference at all.

Hey Sermis, I got some more pics of the dodge from my dad it looks quite complete. Still buying parts for the jeep at the moment. I heard you're trying to get a Hemmtt? Is it the cargo, wrecker or fueller? Since coming to Iraq I have become familiar with the HEMMTT family. I drive a 1075 PLS.

BillIdaho

As a Goat-herder myself, the only difference between an M561 and an M792 is the ambulance has an insulated rear carrier cover with a rear carrier heater, and a step on the tailgate. Oh yeah, a red and white cross painted on the front. (I happen to have a NOS ambulanec rear carrier cover, with the red cross on it, for sale or better yet, trade. I live in the Boise area, and shipping on this thing would easily outweigh its value.)
I own numerous MV'S, and the Gama Goat is the most fun to drive. Granted a mechanical nightmare, but worth it in my book.
I met a guy in Lodi that has 250 new tailgates. I sure do hope I can find his name and number. Most other parts are somewhat easy to get/find.

sermis

Hold on to the top for a few and let me see if the Goat gets added to the heard. I have a M725 and it needs company with another cross.

Sig229

I also have a Goat and need to sell it as soon as I get my post quota. what can I get for it? It starts rite up and I have extra parts to include windshield, tires, etc.

Last edited:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I also have a Goat and need to sell it as soon as I get my post quota. what can I get for it? It starts rite up and I have extra parts to include windshield, tires, etc.
put it on craigslist or e-bay ,you have did everthing with this post but put a for sale sign and price in the picture

Sig229

The Price is what I needed.

put it on craigslist or e-bay ,you have did everthing with this post but put a for sale sign and price in the picture
I just wanted to get all the info that I could so when I got ready to sell it I knew what to post in the add. I just wanted to know what it was worth not get folks upset with me. :-?

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just wanted to get all the info that I could so when I got ready to sell it I knew what to post in the add. I just wanted to know what it was worth not get folks upset with me. :-?
The " I also have a goat and need to sell as I get my post quota " just shows your here to rack up your post to post in the classifieds , I doubt its going to go over better today than it did last night , but thats for the moderators to deal with . this is just my opinion.

Sig229

Yes, one of the reasons I joined SS is to be able to post in the classifieds. However I own several military vehicles and enjoy the idea of this site. I respect the fact you have and opinion and that is the reason I fought for my country, so you can express your opinion. I can't help that I have to post 100 times in order to utilize the classified adds, but I will and I will continue to post until a moderator decides to end my usage of this site. Why you are so concerned with my attempt to get the information that I need I don't know. Do you need a certain amount of posts to become General Paton. Give me a break I am just wanting to make my life easier. If you need to know my motives I am a disabled Vet can't work and have several military vehicles that I want to go to people that will appreciate them and be happy to own as I did when I bought em. I cant help that I need to post 100 time and I can't help members like you have nothing better to do than give me a hard time instead of just telling me what my vehicle is worth. :nothingfunny:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks