• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

rt/524 conversion

m35a2kevin

hey guys
thought i would post pics of my conversion of a demilled rt/524 radio, into a cd/mp3 player
as you can tell its still primative, but i used it last year at aberdeen,, and got alot of pleasant comments on it,, i have a pair of mini sony spealers setting where the old speaker sat,,i cut out the old housing,, the cardboard box was built to keep the sound from bouncing thought the box, it has a cutout to turn the speakers off and on,
the entire box can slide to the one side, to change batteries.it also hasa handset and headphones for looks, i have a cd player installed,, but have since,, transferred my music to a mp3 player. i purchaced the cd set from chuck kenny afrn, 10 hours of afrn radio, vietnam,,, and hours and hours of commo chat between hueys, and ground forces,, come check it out,, i will have it and my collection
of gear at aberdeen, green section I/H13 thru I/H16
thanks
kevin gibson

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's just too cool! I gotta think about doing that myself, but then, how can I hear the music with a D turbo screaming in my ears?

flobble

Kevin, glad you got that finished. I remember seeing it last year when I came to get the generator. Hope you had a great time at Aberdeen. I felt terrible all weekend for not going, but the gas prices are killing me!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks