• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M151 fuel economy - what to expect

darowden

What kind of fuel mileage are you M151 owners getting with your Mutts?
Looking at possibly buying one and applying for title, but wondering what fuel costs would be city/hwy.

thanks for any comments
Dave

Snark

its possible to make 100 km for cca 10 litres - but las weekend we have calculated average consumption on 19 litres/100 km including some extremely muddy terrain and waiting with engine running.

Rainman

Hey darowden,

I checked mine last summer for a several hundred miles for an average, and got 13.75 MPG. I run regular 87 octane with Marvel as an additive. That included a few parades and the occasional tow of an oversize trailer. I'm running fairly rich on the mixture, but I think most of us are.

Rainman

nattieleather

Last time I checked I was getting around 16 MPG. The engines run better on hight octain gas too. Oh and my 151 is forsale see the forsale section.

Capt.Marion

What's the fuel tank size on the 151? I rode in one for a 45.5 mi trip, 27 miles of which was running 60-65 on the interstate, and then the rest was hills (Dawsonville, GA) and used about 1/4 + of a tank...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks