• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another Fontana trip?

Crash_AF

I'm driving out to Barstow on the 15th and will be there all weekend. Is there any way I could get a group together to introduce me to the Fontana yard?

If that's not possible, anyone in the Barstow area able to help me find a MV yard in the area? :)

Later,
Joe

I was just in Barstow a month or so ago, comming from 58 to Barstow, just outside there were a few wrecking yards, from the highway, I saw some military stuff. I was unable to get there during the trip, just look for them prior to getting into Barstow.

I was bummed my time ran out.

ems4ty

Anyone have any ideas on when the next Fontana Run will be? I just got my Deuce up and running and want to bring my newly acquired M105 (Thanks MHB285!). Also, have a new guy to introduce. He stopped by my shop this week and was asking a few questions. He just got a 5-ton and will be driving it out to Arizona in a couple of weeks. Let me know if something is in the works. Haven't been to see the Brothers Grim in a while!

Thanks,

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I called them last week to try to set up a trip for Joe. Turns out there was a fire...not on their property, on the vacant, or nearly empty lot to the west of them, full of nasty weeds, not nice neat, clean MVs. They got the fire stopped before the fence line, they are fine, but, the fire dept took a look see over the fence and didn't have an issue with what was there, but an issue with, if there was a fire there, how would they be able to get equipment to them. Those who have been there know what it's like. So, for the past few weeks, they have been busy, busy, moving and relocating stuff so they don't get into trouble with the city/county/fire dept. Maybe late this month or into June some time.

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
Bringing this up again. I would like to head out there on Saturday the 12th. Any interest? I spoke to Tom a couple of weeks ago to see if he was going to be around and he said to call him the week of so I am trying to get an approximate head count before I call him back.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll be flying back on Saturday from Tacoma WA so Sunday would be better. Would that work? My flight arrives at 10:30am so if I needed to, I could go straight from the airport to the taco stand. Let me know your thoughts.

Fontana for the Holidays? :-D

I've been talking to Hole and I/we think it is time to start thinking about a date to acquire a few stocking stuffers like say an alternator or transfer case? Maybe a few leaf springs and hangers for a bob job? Now is the time so everyone can plan it around their time off and family gatherings. Maybe we can even import Big Mike to come down to visit family.

I cannot go Dec 13th even though I'll be in Riverside for the family Xmas party/reunion. Don't even tempt me. :twisted:

Whaddaya say Brother Will?

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hmmmm, the 6th or the 20th might work for me:idea:. I need to get with them too. Lemme call them tomorrow!

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
HMMMM, BTP has found Steel Soldiers! Hey BTPchad, has your..well, not YOUR, but BTP's customer service changed? A few of us have been there multiple times. IMHO, James is a great guy and extremely helpful, if a person gets anyone else to help them, they get nowhere. It seems that all BTP wants is to sell complete vehicles...as you are plugging in the above post. If someone already has a vehicle and requires a part such as a trans, the price is about double from anywhere else. If they rerquire a small part, forget it. Just for S&G, what are you asking for your M105A2 trailers?

MilitaryRestoration

:ditto:when we needed that radiator they wanted 1800 for a take out, almost sounded like was that much because knew i was in need desperate need of it. And thats the only time I ever called or called again. Father says they are always high, though... too bad :-/

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks