• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PE-77 250W Genset - Is it worth anything

I have come across a genset in a garage that has been unopened (until now) since 1956. It is in Brand New condition and never run. ALL original paperwork is still attached. Is it worth anything. I dont want to run it until I decide to keep it or not.

Im building a Shelter into a Camper, it may be a good authentic power option, at least to charge the batteries mabye.

Attachments

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sure its worth something. It would be good for some emergency power. Does it run. Looks like it would. It would be good for a little light, charge some batteries/battery charger, and especially, your cell phone.

Lee in Alaska

I have not run it yet, But I feel it most likely would, I did rotate the motor, it is very smooth and gets compression. Its a Briggs and Stratton motor so it probably is a gas motor. It is only 250W but I was thinking about using it as you said, basically a gas battery charger.

Michael

That is the power supply for a mil radio. You need to get some feedback from some mil radio people before you do anything with it. It might be worth its weight in gold to the right collector. Or like you say it might only be good for a couple of light bulbs. Just depends on what system it is for.

Shieldwolf37

It's a Putt-Putt! They were designed to run a variety of Mil rigs, GRR/5, GRC/9, VRC/19's etc.
Keep it. When they run right they make a great addition for properly poering up a vintage mil rig.
Great Find.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks