• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another M1009 owner in the U.K.

G-Man

Hi everyone,

I was told about this forum by several friends of mine - and one of them owns an M1009 too! :D

I own a M1009 CUCV, I'm not too sure if it's ex Army or USAF, as I was told that the registration (number plate?) number is Army, but the guy who does all my servicing on it told me that he saw it at the disposal sales at RAF Molesworth a few years before I go it.
All I do know that I'm currently the 4th owner after the US Govt, and that the dealer sold me a "pup". Oh well, I'll treat it as a rolling restoration and get it sorted out over the coming years.

First question though: It was made in October 1984, so does make it a 1984 or a 1985 vehicle?

I hope that my signature, pic, etc is all in order. If not, please bear with me while I sort it out. You guys are the only tech/mech support around for my wheels!

Thanks in advance for all the brain-picking I'm bound to be doing over the coming months! :lol:

G-Man

RE: M1009 in UK

Thanks Fred. It is indeed an "F". Right.... better make sure I start ordering 1985 and NOT 1984 parts from LMC then! :oops:

Graham

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

Welcome to the site!

Let's see some pictures! We do love the pics here.

:beer:

G-Man

Thanks for the welcome Clinto.

Right now, I've only got 2 pics of BGM. I need to edit the other pic as I don't want the VRN plastered all over the internet. There's been a spate of vehicle thefts in the U.K. where the thieves have tracked down the location of their target vehicle by tracing the VRN through databases.

Saying that, I hope to take more pics of BGM in the coming months - depending on the weather! Please bear in mind that BGM is a "work in progress", so it's not as in a good condition as other member's vehicles on this site.

Graham

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks