• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Convoy Central

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, Cabell and the southern portion of the serial have arrived at Doswell VA. Maddawg308 was already there so they are settling in. The fun has started!

Blythewoodjoe

Well, six months ago I had every intention of driving Bob D. Deuce in the convoy. Now I'm home, broke and the truck is in Texas. I sure hope my new business is worth all this. Have a safe trip guys, I'll be thinking about you all.

Joe Trapp
East Coast Convoy 2003
East Coast Convoy 2004
(Been there, done that, got T-shirt)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh, one more update. I heard through the grapevine that Steelsoldiers is driving a rented M925 and that he got that back to Franklin VA with only a few glitches like a few fuel filters. He and Chad will be headed out in the AM to join Cabell and the gang at Doswell and trek north.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not convoy related but I missed a call earlier but got a message that Gimpyrobb, Todd Haley, Oilcan and Junkyard Wars Crusher are well on their way to Aberdeen. I picture them in the car and the theme from Animal House playing!

mangus580

rofl

Glad to hear everyone is doing well. We roll out tomorrow night to head downstate. I will roll friday am off to Aberdeen for my whirlwind trip.

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
Does Hertz rent M925s now? Do they come with the optional GPS? Again this year I will be leaving a bit late, so won't be there to drive up with you guys. See you guys there at Aberdeen though.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Wow here already, Still trying to get my boys to answer their phones but I know they will arrive sometime Friday can't say what time but I am thinking afternoon or later. Noah is in the midst of ending his freshman year at college and Christian is working full time to pay off his bills. I wish I could be there but at least I got my orders and will be headed up the road soon to Seoul.

God bless and I will be praying for everyone to have safe travel.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Chad and I just finished checking tires, fluids, etc... on the Kubu 925A2. We got all of our gear stashed in the back. We are bringing a pop-up shelter along with rain gear :( We plan on leaving here at 0600 to meet up with the rest of the Yellow Serial at Doswell. Hopefully we won't need to stop and change any more primary filters on the way!

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Still no luck getting a hold of the boys but I am trying to get them to confirm the things I tasked them to do are done and when they will be headed up.

God bless your travel.

Cdub

The Red Serial Convoy will get started in just an hour and half. I'm very much looking forward to my first East Coast Convoy........Wow....!!

Cheers,

C'dub

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Capt.Marion said:
Godspeed and have fun! Maybe one year I will skip school for this... drive safely you guys, no drag racing that poor 925 now..
Thanks Ken! I'll try not to embarrass too many mustangs and corvettes on the way there today. We' made it up before the chickens this morning. Just a few things to throw in the truck, need to build some air pressure to release the brakes, and we are off!!

Craig, drive safe in that big lumbering beast! Try to keep your 14.00R20's off of the commuter cars in the tunnel ;)

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PS, where's Kenny? I thought you were monitoring all channels 24hrs a day until we all made it to Aberdeen?!

HA! Thanks for keeping an eye on us brother :D

Cdub

Hi Chris,

We will be taking it slow and easy.......Thanks.......!!

Looking forward to seeing you there.

God Speed to the East Coast Convoy.

seya,

C'dub

Mike_Pop

I'm heading out soon to cross the state of NJ to link up with the Red Serial in Bordentown. It's not raining here on the shore but showers are expected.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, just woke up in Doswell VA. Ready to hit the road in a few minutes. The weather the next couple days supposed to suck, but the VA rally was nice all weekend, and they were calling for raining cats and dogs the whole time, so I guess we'll see.

No casualties on my end yesterday, except for a sore butt and a leaky rear wheel bearing seal.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just got off the horn with Cabell. The yellow serial just crossed the Potomack river and all is going well. Shouldn't be too long and they will meed up with the rest of the group in Millersburg ( I think). From there they will be off to rendezvous with the rest of the serials.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone have a phone number for Gimp? I worked out a deal for a pair of NOS gasser front fenders and need them picked up. Or anyone else there that could get them and is headed back to GA???? Worst case I can get them from Gimp at the GA rally.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks