• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Trip AL to NH

ffemt14

Well guys I think this will be the route that I take home. Not exact but will try to stick to the map. Plan is well leave AL sunday and head back. Sorry I couldnt put a better picture up but its all main roads anyway. If anyone is close to this route and is willing to lend a hand if need be itd be greatly appreciated. Hopefully itll be uneventful but we all know how murphy is.

Attachments

scooter01922

If i may make a suggestion, if you pick up 95 North around phillie it would save you a few miles. Just went that route and while several hours seem to have vanished into a black hole it was a decent drive the whole way on 95. Do watch out for some killer bumps in new york.....yikes, think the whole truck caught some air on a few of those.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Plan is well leave AL sunday and head back.
Which Sunday? Today, or next weekend (18th) or....?

LowRange(offroadfabworks), pm me your phone number, I may want to buy some stuff from you, if I can get it delivered to NY on ffemt14's return trip.

beaubeau

FFemt14 If U get as far as Albany, Why go back to Mass? Take Rt East through Troy N.Y. and follow signs to Brattleboro Vt. It's a nice road, no Tolls and pleasant riding. I have been on it for many years. I am headed to Letterkenny tomorrow evening and I plan on taking the same rt. to Pa Rt 81. Good luck on Ur trip! Phil

well guys im leaving thursday to take the truck up there. If there is anyone within the route that can be maybe help or around between thursday afternoon and saturday please pm me your area and number. we are taking a load of spare parts and such just incase murphy plays mean. but still may need to contact someone in case. So any contact info and numbers is appreciated. THANKS

vtdeucedriver

That sucks that your leaving thursday. I am taking up my wifes Jeep Rubicon from Knoxville to VT. Doing the same route all the way to albany from the looks of it. I am planning a sunday departure so if you get stuck and need a part, keep us posted.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
ORFW left last night about 2100 or so. As of 0700 this morning, he was about half way through VA on I 81. He's running 50/50 with used oil, WOT and getting 10MPG. No problems yet.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just to let you guys know, Darrrell, made it to NH without issue. He sent me a text at about 0000 hrs eastern.

Thanks Kenny.

Yup running WOT and 50/50 of WMO/Gas mix it averaged around 10mpg with stock NDTs on it. It will have the new G20 shoes on it next week as Jon will be out playing with his truck. Gotta admit its kinda nice knowing murphy was locked up at home. We took off from the shop loaded for bear. and all the tools a guy could need to get a truck serviced on the side of the road. Including 3-4 sets of filters. But the truck ran great and didnt need anything. We arrived into town here about 2330 hrs. other then a 4 hr pit stop at about 5 am to advoid morning rush hour in VA and a 3 hr delay with rush hour traffic in New York it was a non-stop run. Jon finally gotta see his truck after all the weeks of members messing with him. And we finally popped his cherry and brought him to the Green addiction side. (now he needs a sibling to go with it :D:D)

I did have time to sit and figure it up. i have roughly 6000 miles this year behind the seat of a deuce since march :shock: But after all the trips and such that has been taken i think i can do the 1300+ miles i did in the last 24hrs in a bob alot better vs taking the 5-600 mile trips in a stock deuce. It rides nice. and comfortably. Talk about giving someone a good shake down run and making him feel good about his truck to know it was driven accross country :D He was standing out in the middle of the road to catch it :lol:

O yea you can tell when a guy is addicted when first thing he does is get the flash light out to look at it when it arrives. And first words outta his mouth is "sweet" followed by a list of modifications and parts to get for it :lol:

Capt.Marion

Offroadfabworks said:
O yea you can tell when a guy is addicted when first thing he does is get the flash light out to look at it when it arrives. And first words outta his mouth is "sweet" followed by a list of modifications and parts to get for it :lol:
That's for sure!

oh, and as mandated by SS Regs: nopics

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks