• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Scanned color copy of DL required?

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was recently notified by GL that the government is requiring a color scanned copy of our driver's license for the EUC process. I have submitted several EUCs over the past year and have never had to submit a color scanned copy of my DL. Is this a new policy or am I just dealing with a new person at GL? I have never before dealt with this person (Brandi Guerrero). I don't mind complying with policy changes, but this seems wierd since I just submitted an approved EUC a month ago.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
When I did my first EUC in December '07, they required a color copy of the driver's license.

Green_gator

They asked for a color copy via e-mail not fax when I did my EUC in January and then again this month. Looks like they want a very clean copy of the DL now.

CGarbee

Ken, who handled the review of my most recent EUC, mentioned that the folks at Battle Creek are requiring an almost "perfect" copy of the DL in order to verify who you are. I'd been using the same scan for some time but went and made a new scan for submittal just to be sure... Emailing the EUC along with the scan of the DL (blown up to full page size) instead of faxingit provides them with a 'cleaner' copy to send to Battle Creek since most fax machines don't do well with DL's (or small text for that matter)...

HeadWizard

Of course this makes sense.

10 EUC's in the past year with the same color photo of my drivers license blown up to 1/2 page size, faxed in to GL. Never a revision needed and no EUC took more than 16 business days.

Now it's an emailed full page photo of the license.

Seems like more "make work" for somebody pushing paper in Battle Creek. Next thing you know they'll want fluid samples and fingerprints for us to buy rusted 50 year old technology assets :?:

Gotta :D and do what they say or we won't be able to buy our toys aua

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
On my last one they said they used one from my file so I guess they are keeping copies.

beaubeau

What happens if I have no license? I just want to play with my toys on my own property. I am not able to secure a license because of my age. I am only 103 years young!???? OhOh!!??

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I put blown up copies of my DL, Military(RET) ID, and my SSAN card in with my scanned and emailed EUC packett.
A very nice lady sent me a email saying my EUC packette was perfect....except I didn't sign the EUC!!

DOOOHHHH!!

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The first two EUC items I bought I had trouble with the Lic. I scaned it, took digital photo,faxed it, and e-mailed it. Every one was regected. I ended up having to certified mail a copy in both times. After the second time the lady (I don't remember her name) saved the mailed in copy and I haven't had to send another in since.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks