• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gillespie vs CARC

Cdub

I've done most of the paint work on the five ton with the Gillespie 383 and I just got my hands on some of the CARC 383..........will the color match if I start using the CARC on other pannels that I haven't painted yet....??

Thanks,

C'dub

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No, it will not. It is close, but it is not the same color. It will stand out, especially if you are painting with a single color. For obvious reasons, the camo can handle touch-ups better. I recommend CARC with Gillespie touch-ups, but CARC has its problems (it tends to fade I think more quickly than Gillespie and it scuffs easily). With all this said, I always go with CARC.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Let me add another point. I am not saying that you'd be able to tell if you painted the tailgate in 383 CARC green and the front fender in Gillespie, but you would notice it if the parts that were painted with different paint were right next to each other. Whether you can deal with the slight shade difference is up to you. Personally, I would not want it on a freshly painted truck. A truck that you've had painted and are touching up is another story.

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And, the texture won't be the same either, so that will add to them looking like they were painted with different stuff...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks