• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

First Pinz driveway pic

100dollarman

Will get some "real" pics soon!

Just picked up this 1972 710M last nite. Got it cleaned up, and put some new shoes on it today. Cooper STT 285/75/16 on stock 6" wheel. Was going to sand balance them, but decided to use a cone on the hub center and balance with normal weights. Smooth.

Want to say thanks to Justin for a good deal, and to Jim for some very helpful info.

Hundy.

Attachments

davidkroberts

thats awesome, i have got to get one..... the problem is convincing the wife that we need another 4x4 when we already have a toyota FJ, Jeep Wrangler and my Gama Goat. I really like it though.

Goatwerks

You will need a balance adapter to properly balance them, the rims are not hub centric(the hole in the middle is not centered) they are lug centric. If you want to borrow an adapter, I have one.
Hope to see you at the gathering in June, I am still waiting for my injection computer to return with all the updates completed, if I get it in time, I will be there with mine.
Should be some cool rigs there.

100dollarman

Thanks, guys--- I am really diggin' this thing! I am a little surprised how nicely it cleaned up. Runs good, too. Came up Cajon pass at 55mph (gps) 5th gear.

I knew the wheels arent hub-centric---- but I didnt want to spend the 40 bucks for sand balance. I figured I would try it with weights (included with tire price), and if it didnt work I would sand balance. But it balanced out nicely.

I know these rims dont hold a bead very well. I was thinking about using tire screws to screw the wheel to the bead like we do on drag slicks. It would be cheap and easy. You think it would help? I do.

dc3coyote

Holly yellow Batman!!
All of those dueces, and you will soon learn the joys of the Pinz, I love mine and beat it often, I just wish there were hills in FL to try mine out.
Enjoy

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks