• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rolling Gillespie paint?

emr

Anypaint can be rolled, I do it in the bed areas, let it dry well though, I like a rustoleum professional rusty metal primer in the gallon first for the bed ares, makes a nice base, as for thinning sure U can it will go farther and lay flatter, much smoother, I have found when touching up my forklift with the john deere paint when thinned even when i brush it on with a decent brush it smooths out soooo nice looks like it was sprayed..that is on the heavyier metal areas, as for the sheet meatal on a military truck it will be nicer than it came for sure....Hope this helps...Randy

Mike_Pop

I've rolled Aervoe and you couldn't even tell where the roller marks were. Because the paint is flat, you shouldn't have any problem with blending the edges. I painted an enclosed trailer and it looked great...until the Aervoe faded and turned to gray in two years.

Bill W

You'll still need to thin it
Its been a few years since I read the back of a gallon can of Gillespie but my old cans stated that when using a paint brush thin with mineral spirits which dries slower then the other ( recomended reducers ) so it gives it more time for the brush/roller marks to flow out.

68t

i roll on the gillespie all the time. works great, but thin it a little, i use then cheap house roller 9inch with handel and all, for the big areas, then the small foam roller for hard to get too places and the brush too. enamel thinner is the best but laquer thinner will work . but it will melt the foam rollers. when finished throw the roller way, not worth cleaning

GoHot229

Just painted a sign here on the farm, got the paint and rollers and accessories at Lowes. The roller was a cheepie and left bits of 'FUZZIES' on the sign, go ahead and make sure to get a quality roller, mabe a 2 or 3 pac, but good quality or you may get what we got.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks