• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Parade and Cermony

Barrman

My county has a fair and a rodeo each May. So, they kind of combine the events and Memorial Day and have a single parade for them all. Today was the parade. The local VFW approached me a year ago about me driving them in the M715. We did two parades last year. They made me an honorary member (I was in the National Gaurd and Army Reserve, but never went active duty or left CONUS, so I don't qualify.) and now expect me to do all the parades with them.

They stuck flags in all the troop seat supports and put magnetic banners on the doors. Then we loaded up some Vets and did a parade. But, before the parade started the judges presented me with the "Most original vehicle" 1st place trophy. That was kind of neat. I donated the trophy to the VFW, but I got a picture of it on the hood before they took it away.

The traveling Vietnam Wall is in town this week as well. There was just enough time after the parade to get home, get some water and then head out to the football stadium for a big ceremony. We happen to have 4 veterans here in town who were in the 7th Regiment of the 1st CAV in November of 1965. I had been buying my gravel from one of them for years without knowing anything about it. Until he saw my M715 a year or so ago and we got to talking. Anyway, they got some of the other Ia Drang Valley veterans in the area to show up and the 10 of them along with some current 1st CAV troopers from Ft. Hood were honored while a bag pipe group played Gerry Owen. Pretty moving deal for those of us who know what all the different symbolism meant. I think Colton has figured it all out by now. I know I have tried.

I won't make any more parades this summer because of M715 activities in Colorado, so the M715 is going to get converted over to half doors and rear seat making it summer fun ready as soon as the 90 degree temps go down in a few hours.

Hopefully, all parades in the future will be with the Gasser.

Attachments

Barrman

Here it is a few hours later. All summer ready except for the bikini top. I have to help my neighbor pull his tractor through some woods Sunday and need the truck as low as possible for that.

Attachments

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tim: If you rate..... Semper Fi! If you don't, then to the M175.... SEMPER FI! That is a BEAUTIFUL vehicle... awesome!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks