• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Manifold paint

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Getting ready to put the exhaust manifolds on a motor for a re-power. Anyone have a product they used and is happy with? I'd rather not spring for ceramic coating.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
On what? If it were a multi, i'd do it the same as the rest of the engine. It will turn white then fall off on the hot parts.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Well, I'm putting a BBC in my 725. Its getting down to the wire for Haspin. Most thats left is fab work.

DanMartin

Send it off and have it jet-hot coated (Ceramic) inside and out. It'll stay whatever color you make it (chrome-like up to 1700 deg, black/blue/cast grey up to 1300 deg). It will also reflect heat into the exhaust stream and not soak up as much into the metal of the manifolds. I've done this on several vehicles (headers mostly) and it works great and looks great too.

You'll need to send it off to have it done, but the results are great. Depending on your location, there may be a local shop that will do it (they franchise out the process to local shops)...

http://www.jet-hot.com/

Jones

High temp exhaust manifold paint works as good as anything else out there but only lasts a season ot two. That would be the most authentic.
We use a slurry of powdered graphite and oil on our steam locomotive fire boxes and backheads. The oil will smoke off leaving the graphite coating which lasts a season or two.
Ceramic coatings are the most durable but are pricey and often give a gloss finish that may or may not be desirable.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks