• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

pre trip checklist

t120r

The saga continues.

2 weeks before I leave to wyoming. Pulled the wheels and replaced some tubes and rotated the tires. Replaced one cork axle insert. checked bearing play etc. checked levels of axles, tranny tranfer case etc.

adjusted output of alternator. instralled a am/fm radio upfront and a cb handset. With the hardstop insulated and the floor having cattle matt its quiet enuogh for me.

I still need to change the fuel filters and oil filters and oil. I also am going to replace the coolant filter I put on. It will be interesting to hacksaw it in half and see what the contents are after 750 miles.

I have a electric home depot air compreessor mounted in the m109 body. so sistered to the truck my 3/4 drive impact can take off just about anything.

I have fooled around with turning the fuel up. With reading of about
1000degrees under load on the pre turbo side I feel that is about as high as it can safely go. I can always pull over and turn it down.

The right front ball knuckle boot was tore up real bad so I relaced that . Pretty easy job just take the wheel off.

Adjusted the headlights. My big vise I mounted on the front bumper hampers the headlite a little bit but who cares I am not driving at night.

My brother finished the ulpostery in the back we used brown canvas and 2 layers of good carpet underpadding on the bunks and sides.

we bought 900x20 chains from tirechain.com with adjusters. these go under the body above the axles. good chains and great service from these guys.

I will post some pics and videos when i can. As I said before I am leaving on May 30th so if anyone else is going westwards I would like to tag along in this slug

MD

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks