• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hi, noob with truck pics (dialup beware, I think)

over2land

Here's a few pictures of M 68 M-715. It's riding on 38" SS TSL.

Powered by a tall deck 366 big block right now, with plans for a 427 in it's future.

The trans on the left is what's made it's way under it. It's a Spicer 3053A out of a deuce.

And, a divorced NP 205 out of a Dodge truck. It's here before I cleaned it up, put new seals in it, and painted it, but you can see where it sits. I didn't want to cut the stock crossmembers, or have the tcase hang way down, so I had to cut and patch the floor a bit, as seen in this pic:

I added some bracing, and then used ammo cans as seat mounts for my 91 S10 seats, and you can see how I raised the steering column up for clearance. I reused the stock center "console", added a piano hinge, and the latching mechanism off another ammo can, and now I have a huge ass, usable console:

The ignition switch is out of a mid 60's GM truck, I made a new gauge panel that uses the stock 1/4 turn fasteners in their stock locations, and the box under the gauges is for a DIN mount head unit. Who knows, I might be able to hear the radio at stoplights. You can also see how I had to bend the shifter for the trans to clear the dash. I shortened it about 4" too. I modified the trans tunnel to clear the top of the trans, and reattached the stock shifters to the NP 205. The ebrake isn't hooked up yet, but I'll prolly end up with a brake on the tcase.

Here's how it started:

As is normal with a northeast truck, there was a ton of body work, broken rusted bolts, cursing, and tetanus shots involved in getting it from here to the first pic. But all in all it was worth it.

Unfortunately, I move to CA for a job before I was able to get my truck 100% done, and the bugs worked out. So, it's still in NJ, while I am in CA. Sucks after all that work, and time, to just leave it behind. I'm working on shipping options for it now.

over2land

Thanks man, I like it too. I'd like it more if it was here, dammit. [:(!] :eyes:

And, I'm still debating keep the stock axles, or replace with later 60 front and 70 rear. I have ideas how to upgrade the stock axles, but by the time I'd be done, I could buy newer ones, prolly. Still undecided there though.

Also, I'm here, hoping to get all kinds of deuce info...

fredrader

Jump over to the Deuce section and ask away..There are lots of great people there and they are very helpful and will answer any questions you mite have...

over2land

I'm still reading other's posts.

Did a few searches, and answered some...

But just looking for general stuff right now. I've had the 715 for 5 years, but really a noob to the deuce.

Yeah, lotta work. Still yet more to go. Such is life though. Well, at least life with project vehicles.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks