• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rockwell 2.5T Front Axles...

ems4ty

Anyone have a good source for a couple of front Rockwell Axles for a 2.5 T Deuce? Just curious if there is anything perhaps in Southern California. Just had a fellow ask me today if I knew of anyone. He's got a truck that he'd like to do a "Quad Steer". Out of state shipping would be quite a bit pricey. Just putting the curb feelers out there.

Thanks,

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check out the scrapyard threads on this board. There's a couple yards in So.Cal that has 2.5 ton axles, without cutting up good trucks for them.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: Rockwell 2.5T Front Axles...

Joseph, perhaps you shouldn't have mentioned that. Front axles are like gold nowadays. If I had 4 I could swap them for another M108

Re: RE: Re: RE: Rockwell 2.5T Front Axles...

westfolk said:
Shame I don't live in So. CA. In the last few months I have cut and scrapped I don't know how many trucks. Yes, all those axles went to get melted too.
To bad i didnt know that. i know some guys that live you your way would have came and would of paid you good for them. As Kenny said you could of got a complete free couple running trucks just for them. Next time give me a shout :D

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Rockwell 2.5T Front Axles...

I sent you a PM. please get me your contact info or i sent you my info. let me find out maybe i can get something lined up to take it all. Thanks

jasonjc

Before anyone melts any more I need some small part off a front axle please. :cry:

Boatcarpenter

I hate hearing about all this stuff getting scrapped. How is my Grandson going to keep my Deuce going after I'm gone :cry:
BC

ucfjeeper

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Rockwell 2.5T Front Axles...

westfolk said:
How about I shout now?

I still have two 2 1/2 ton fronts.....one 5 ton front and two 5 ton rears.

Probably within the next month....if I get around to it....another two complete(all three axles) from a M35...and another complete line up from a 5 ton.

The stuff stays around until I have another load ready to go. 2 cement trucks are being cut now with the last of the M105A2s and M200A1s. Then it's back to cutting the mil trucks.

And I'm not even in the scrap business..........stone is my game. But with the price of scrap............after I strip what I want to keep for spare parts....out the door it goes.
I know a few guys in PA that might be interested. I will point them towards you if I can get in contact w/ them.

ems4ty

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Rockwell 2.5T Front Axles...

Just got a hold of my local guy out here. He's got a few, in the neighborhood of $450 - $500 each. Not bad I guess. Takeouts, unknown condition. Haven't seen them yet.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks