• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Connecting a MX-7778a surpressor...help please

I want to go on a field trip with the deuce and a working VIC-1 tomorrow - just need to install the surpressor now. I have the right connector for the surpressor on the power-in socket of the unit, but I need to solder a cable on it with the right polarity.
Does anyone know or can point me to the schematic for this plug? I also noticed that it is keyed, but don't know the right position for the keyed sleeve, which can be altered.
I searched the TMs but haven't found anything - the only TMs I found on the unit don'T cover it.

Thanks
Mark

Boatcarpenter

Mark, I had the same question. Open up the suppressor and look inside. It will be very obvious which is hot and which is not. Did it a while ago but very simple in there. Hot goes through the breaker which acts as an on/off switch. Figure out which is which at the connector and wire the plug accordingly. Any more questions I'll try to answer when I get back in an hour or so. I'm assuming you are using a bendix connector.
BC

BC, thanks for the explanation.
I don't have the surpressor here, that's the problem.
I wanted to solder the wire at home and take it with me to install it.

I found a picture in a VRC-12 TM, see below. At least I know which pins are shortened. Now I just have to find out the polarity.

I have only the plug on the right of the picture below, and will hook the surpressor directly to the batteries.

Mark

Attachments

Boatcarpenter

I had one of these from Fair Radio
http://www.fairradio.com/catalog.php?mode=viewitem&item=3293
or ( I can't remember) one of these
http://www.fairradio.com/catalog.php?mode=viewitem&item=3274
and I decided not to use a 3 pin power connector so I just removed the bendix connector and went the twisted pair method for battery hookup.
As someone told me when I asked about the pairing of the wires, they said " They just attach as pairs to the plug and menus 24v.
They parallel the wires and connector pins for increased current rating."
So 2 wires are power and two wires are ground. According to Brooke Clarke they are typically paired black and green=negative, red and white=positive.
Does all this make sense. :?:
BC

Boatcarpenter

OK, here is more information for you. I just went and disconnected my 4 pin connector from the MX-7777 and disconnected my twisted pair from the positive terminal at the batteries. Checked continuity and found that A & B are positive. Pins are labeled on mine and I would presume on yours also. Your little locating dimple may be different but you should be able to figure what is what. Hope this helps you get it soldered before you get to the truck. Just be sure to double check everything before you put the juice to her :shock:
Happy Intercomming :D
BC

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks