• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

900 series

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone have any info on the 900's? what engine, tranny, T-case, axle ratio?? thanks

red devils dude

um this is going to be a lot of typeing :banghead:
1.(engine)looks like A1's had a cummins NHC 250 A2's have a Cummings 6CTA8.3
2. tranny Allison MT654CR 5-Speed automatic
3. T-case has Ratios 732:1-1.79:1
4. axle ratios? beats me :banghead:
hope this helps :smilewinkgrin:

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also "900-series" trucks are the 915, 916, 917, 918, 919 and 920 trucks, which are basically militarized commercial trucks (TM 9-2320-273-10).
They use the NTC-400 Cummins, the Caterpillar D-7155 16-speed automatic, Rockwell axles 4.44:1 (915) and 6.17:1 (for the others).
Transfer case is Oshkosh F-U29 1:1.

You probably weren't asking about these, but just to complete the picture...

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
For those interested in the 900 series trucks I had the chance to drive the M932 tractor that Bruce Kubu owns. I've always kinda thought they weren't military looking enough. I have to tell you that they ARE military and high tech too. After driving Bruce's truck, I could see myself with one. It's got class, brawn, awe and it's so dang quiet. Not many of us civilian type ever get a chance to do that! Now I'm kinda sorry I didn't drive Jumbo the M125 when it was offered to me. Hey Bruce, can I take a number for a HEMTT ride?

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bruce is one heck of a nice guy! Met him for the first time at Aberdeen last month, let my son, Adrian, drive the 932 as well. He promised to bring his HEMTT to Aberdeen next year. :)

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bjorn,
The same goes for you. Kenny told me you were a great guy and I got to see it firsthand after meeting you. Your son, Adrian, was also very nice...the apple does not fall far from the tree. I do plan to drive my HEMTT to Aberdeen next year, and might even bring both the cargo and the fueler (assuming I have a motor for that truck...she's ready to roll, less a motor).

Kenny, you are more then welcome to drive any truck that I own!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks