• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

jb weld and the 106mm rr

nickd

Following up on the pictures of the T&E torch cuts and and their repair I decided to give JB weld a try. I bought the stick variety you mix with your fingers to acticate till it changes color. I thought this would be a safe solution for closing up the holes around the gears rather than mig welding and risking internal damage from slag and the like. You can see the cuts in the previous posting and I will add pictures tomorrow of the repairs. These are not structural repairs merely a method to close the gaps in the metal and receive paint. I will be welding the barrel halves together and closing the breech cuts with the mig in the next few days. I will join the barrel halves once i find a siutable size pipe to sleeve the barrel.

Alredneck

Banned
Ewweww let me see!! recoiless rifle where!!! ewweww!!! my turn please!!! WOOHOO!!! Cant wait for some pics of how this turns out, to bad she wont fire real rounds!! Captain

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks