• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Out for a drive on Memorial Day

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got bored during a home painting project, so I decided to fire up the deuce and take it to town for a little cruising up and down the main drags. As usual, ran like a top, and got a lot of "thumbs-ups" from the kids on the roadside, and the fellas on bikes going through town for the Rolling Thunder weekend; bikers come through this area to get to DC for the RT rally, always easy to tell who they are, as they are usually carrying an ALICE pack on their bike's rear end for their overnight gear, and carrying some form of POW/MIA or USA flag type item.

Anyways, here's a couple pics of my truck, sorry no action pics, I don't have a co-pilot to take them....

Attachments

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey, you got SUN! It has been raining and overcast here since Thursday.

Orionspath

Memorial Day

Mike she looks great there in Front Royal! I have my paperwork in hoping I can get my girl tagged and legal for a road trip next month. I have her down at my Uncles Farm in Luray. Sure would like to get together when that happens (SF-97 anticipation).
I was up last weekend to field test the M105 that I had delivered earlier in the month. The two made the designed connection and short of the right rear tail light, all went well.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Wow Kenny, your truck is slowly turning green!

dm22630

Mike! I was out crusin on my John Deere tractor this afternoon through Front Royal!.......I stopped across the street @ B&L Kustard and got an ice cream cone....too bad I didnt run into you. SOON though....hopefully my EUC will be approved in a week or two.

:mrgreen:

GamaGoatGirl

We went to our local VFW for a chicken barbeque dinner at lunchtime today in the deuce. Our friends make the best chicken barbeque! Some were quite impressed to see the deuce there for lunch! It was nice to see the veterans in their uniforms, some friends and neighbors. There were also some currently serving reservists, such as a local doctor (authored a book about his recent experience in Iraq) and a teacher(that I went to high school with) that currently works with me. She was really excited as Eric gave her a ride to her house with her dinners to surprise her kids and he let her drive it back to pick me up! She had a smile from ear to ear! :D
We also went for a ride and ended up taking my 6 year old nephew for a ride! Boy was he happy! He even asked Uncle Eric if he would drive it in the local firemen's field days parade so he could wave to his friends. He said he wanted to practice waving to everyone today!
We had waves and salutes from young and old today, even had a gentleman give us a couple of flags as we slowly drove by! What a great day!

tarheel

im glad some of yall got out there with the MVs, i did myself, but what i hated when i was goin to hickory and back, i didnt get one salute, thums-up, a wave or nothing. i got one big truck crank down on the horn and thats its. even the fans at the game seemed more concerned about getting their tickets and goin in. if werent parked rite in front of the main gate, nobody wouldve paid us any attention. its ashame that people have lost sight of what these holidays honor.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks