• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cut wmo first 50/50 then centrifuge

TommyG45

Hey all,

On Friday I spoke with John @ dieselcraft concerning cutting the wmo first with gas or diesel to thin it out prior to running it through the centrifuge rather than heating to thin out the oil prior to cleaning.

He told me that either way works just fine, the goal is to break the viscous bond between the contaminates and the oil. In my case I am going to run it in the deuce, so it's going to get mixed anyway. Initially, I was going to modify and use an old hot water heater but it runs on 220. I have only 110 in the barn and at that the circuit isn't enough to get the job done.

Anyone with a certrifuge try to clean out a mixture say 50/50 wmo and gas. Can to share the experience?

TG

area52

On your water heater problem - you can disable the upper heater and just use the bottom one as a 110v heater, just takes a little longer.

Have you tried asking this over on the biodiesel info pop site? They are pretty knowledgeable over there.

TommyG45

Thanks 2 Star,

I think I will at some point have to go the heated route, or a mix of both, but wanted to make the investment in the centrifuge without the other related infrastructure. Ultimatly, my ideal setup would also include a waste oil heater and a lister cs. I will acquire the components I need for the centrifuge set up, and post my results.

TG

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks