• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

430 mile Deuce run to new home

Norseland

Hello,

Thought some would enjoy what Pic's I do have, not all necceasarily great , but something to View anyway. I'm posting this late as I forgot my Camera up north, and was only able to retreive it recently.

This is a trip a bud and myself took on May 1st and 2nd, From Chicago to the Houghton area in the Upper Peninsula. My friend got off work later, so I left around 1:30 so I didnt have to fight the 294 "Hell" outta Chicago. Stop and go probably bad for a '68 Kaiser, eh?

Looks funny w/ an added canvas on the top but this was to keep the original and dried out one from shredding on the highway, and so we could be dry inside for the night in the campground just outside of Florence, Wi.
On the way to waste some time (to let my bud catch up) I stopped and had lunch w/ Deuceswild(who decided to flip the bill!! Thank you very much Sir!!) Great to to meet you again, and be sure to make a U.P. trip whenever your able cause the invite stands!
Only bummer was it rained like hell, started in Cleaveland Wi. and lasted the whole Damn trip. The night we bunked in the back of ther truck was quite cold but thanfully a dry one.

Thankfully, W/ a late prayer all was safe for all those driving and that crossed path's w/ the truck!

Coming into Milwaukee

My copilot sidekick, Duke

Pic's Courtesy Deuceswild, Sheboygan Wi.

Campspot Florence, Wi

Morning Startup

Keweenaw Bay just North of Baraga, Mi

Houghton, Mi

And so she made it. Ran good no complaints, and a fun trip.

Pic from this last weekend

There is a not so great vid I took while driving in a rather remote area, maybe I'll post later.

john

sorry I resized the pic's but cant get them to appear here

Alredneck

Banned
Good training glad you had a safe trip, got to see some sights, looks like you went through some beautiful country!

Norseland

[media]http://s13.photobucket.com/albums/a288/chitownjohn/?action=view&current=Ohboy.flv[/media]
Not realy a great vid' but something on a "Cold Morning"

Norseland

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="[media]http://i13.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid13.photobucket.com/albums/a288/chitownjohn/Ohboy.flv[/media]">

Cold Morning, not to much here to see but the sound is there!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks