• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since the thread for the date selection for the 4th Annual Steel Soldiers Rally at Haspin Acres, Laurel, IN, is getting kinda long, I thought I would start another one to get folks to sign up for the event. Post if you're going, how many folks you are bringing, and the vehicles that you will be driving/hauling there.

I'll start:

MadDawg308, no guests, M35A2 and M38-C jeep

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mike,

I sincerely admire your enthusiasm, but with all due respect, can we just add this signup to the existing Haspin thread? It seems to get more confusing (for me personally, anyway) when we have multiple threads going on the same topic. I like it when we keep all the information in one thread - Easier to find with a search, and easier to keep abreast of changes.

It starts out with good intentions, a few people sign up, and then some one asks "where is Haspin located?" or "does anyone have any winch shear pins for a duece to bring?" and then we stray off-topic of the sign-up. (See I've managed to do it already :wink: ) Then we have two, three, or more different threads to monitor to make sure we have the latest information.

It is very simple to go to the end of the thread to see the latest without rereading all of the previous stuff. Just click on the little "dog-eared" page icon to the left of the thread title.

Just my personal opinion. Trying to keep things neat and tidy. . . .

Incidentally, I plan to be there. Probably bringing a deuce and a 5-ton, friends, co-workers, kids, wife, girlfriend, . . . not sure yet.

kipman

Myself, my brother Cory, my deuce with goodies to trade. Also my brother oldgrunt, his deuce and our brother Buff, yes two trucks and four Thompson boys.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm kinda of with JWC on this, but I'll play. Make a link in your first post to the original rally thread, should help.

The more the merrier, but I'm not worried if we have 5 guys and 2 trucks, or 50 guys with trucks. I always come home tired and happy. If I see a bunch of people there great! If not you missed out, hope to see you next year.

Me, Chris(the wild one), and Dan(father of many) will be there.

M35, Jeep, and mowercycle gang will be there.

oilcan

Heck, I'm in...
Me and the deuce for sure, maybe dad, and possibly another guest. I even thought about bringing the cuck-vee balzer, but we'll have to see how that goes.

Make sure you bring plenty of oil for that flattie, stretch! (Did you get it fixed?)

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The jeep JUST got fixed. New(well, different) motor, axle seals, brakes, u-joints, some wiring, carb, starter, battery, clutch linkage, shocks, repacked bearings, changed all fluids, and some other stuff I can't recall.

So it should run...LOL!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like plans are slightly changing for me. My daughter's graduation from Kindergarten (yeah, I know it's pointless) is Wednesday, so I do not have time to drive the deuce out there, since it will take at least 1 full day to do that, plus the cost of driving the deuce 1100 mile round trip, well, let's just say I'm trying to get out of debt, and the fuel bill for the deuce won't let me do that. Instead, I am thinking about renting a trailer and towing the jeep out there. It will be faster to get there, the jeep will be fun to drive out there, and I won't get in hock trying to fuel the deuce. Not quite sure yet, but as each day passes, looks like the jeep is going alone.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My wife and I plan to be there, probably thurs-sat. Gimpy, how's that ambulance coming along?(can ya hook a brother up?) :wink:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
builder77 has 105 sides like you wouldn't believe, in Richmond VA. Ask nicely and I'll haul a set from VA to Haspin for you. ;) (PM builder77 for details on the racks)

Matt1970M35A

Ill be their all weekend with my deuce s208 and m149. If any body thinks we will need clean water please let me know ASAP or the M149 will be full of WVO. I may have one guesst.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Matt, There is showers and stuff there. How much fresh water will you need. I will be brining some 5gal water jugs, usually have one in the rig while on the trails.

oilcan

Well it seems my pops won't be attending this year, and I haven't heard anything from that other dude. Looks like I'll be running solo.

Gimp, I don't remember drinking any of that water last year... Is it ok?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is anyone bringing a large tent or something similar for shelter in case of rain, or for sleeping purposes? Just need to plan on this end...

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is the flooding affecting Haspin? Perhaps a call to them to confirm that they are up and running.

CCATLETT1984

I agree, find out if they got hit by the floods.

I'm picking up my deuce from Westech's house those days. If everything goes to plan, I will be driving it down to haspin with my buddy's m1009 in tow. I'm not for sure yet, depends on how everything is when we get going.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks