• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Demil equipment to cities, non-profits ?

jason@snakeriver

Robyn, following up on the other gentlemans question, if you are a city or non-profit museum, ect. Is there a part of Govt Liq that handles that type of request for memorials or equipment for educational purposes ? ?

The city south of here aquired a demilled M-60 tank for a town memorial, and I remember that the request went through the state National Guard.

ida34

GL would have nothing to do with this. GL is the last link in a chain of people that can get the items. The tanks are completely separate and there is a thread on this. The tank may have come from the National Guard but if I remember correctly the actual request goes through a national office then they tell you where to get the tank. Other items like trucks and stuff are offered to various organizations such as law enforcement, fire departments, and schools (my local school district operates several CUCVs). When no one above on the list wants it the items gets released to GL to sell. I am sure some of our members that do these requests will chime in but GL has nothing to do with the that part of surplus disposition.

Elwenil

Also, correct me if I am wrong, but most of the armor and weapons that are displayed are on loan and not actually owned by the property owner but still belong to the US Government.

jason@snakeriver

I know for sure that armour and big gun remain the property of the US Govt. The 57mm that I restored for the local NG had ATF numbers all over it.
Somewhere on a dusty shelf in DC this gun still has the paper work on it.

Some guy in this state bragged to me that he goes around approaching cities to trade them out of their old war memorials for new playground equipment. Man, I would not touch that one with a 10 ft pole.

The local museum would like to aquire some harder to get pieces, as the state NG museum is on the other side of the state and does not do any outreach programs.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Tank and Automotive Command is the key point of contact you want to hit if you want a demilled static display item for the city, American Legion, VFW, etc. You will have to transport and get someone to certify the demil. They provide a list of things that must be accomplished for the demil.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks