• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

wiper motors, M38 and M715

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I need a set of wiper motors for the Jeep. The windshield of my jeep is a M38 type. I see standard market price of the wiper motors for the M38 range from $50 to $70 each. However, Saturn Surplus has wiper motors for the M715 series, that look very similar, for $26 or so. Can they be interchanged? Like to save a couple bucks if I can.

Barrman

I don't know the answer for sure Mike. I do know the stands that keep the M715 windshield from going flat against the hood are the same as those found on M38A1's. Those are spaced around the wiper motors and are actually there to keep the motor shafts from going through the hood, so I would assume the motors would be similar enough to work.

Also, ABLinn normally has 12 or 24V versions on E-Bay for about the same or maybe a little lower than the Saturn price you listed.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sure, gimpy. If you can dig them up, the jeep will be at Haspin (whether the deuce goes or not), so I can see if they fit there. If they do, maybe I'll just buy them off you...

Barrman, thanks for the heads up on the 12V or 24V wiper motors, but I prefer to keep the system vacuum powered.

Elwenil

I seem to remember that they are the same. I don't know from any personal comparison, but I do remember this being said over at The M715 Zone. Ask over there, someone probably has tried swapping them at some point. Also, if you are not overly concerned with originality, many M715 owners have swapped to marine style electric motors with much success.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks