• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Incorrect SF97

Crash_AF

I have an SF97 that has a mistake on the VIN... It is one digit off. Is there any easy way to get this fixed?

For some reason, they copied the VIN as the Reg #, year, and serial # in one long string. The VIN on the SF97 is:
N100ZE72C124#####

and it should be
NL00ZE72C124#####

In order to get a title here in CO, I have to get a VIN inspection done, and I know they are going to get wrapped up in the fact that it is incorrect...

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Joe

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Send it back to GL and tell them it is incorrect. It is a "controlled" government document, so they will need yours back to issue another. Hopefully, you won't wait 90 days to get it...

acetomatoco

The Vin is C124XXXXX The first 6 digits are the registration # and the 72 may be the year of mfg... but...what will find on the frame, I believe will be the C124XXXXX and have them verify it on the frame...

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
DRMS messed up one or two of mine. I always had to send them back to them. I would not compare what GL does with what is "correct". I guess maybe GSA would know, but when DRMS was doing them, that's what they told me on the ones with mistakes. Your mileage may vary...

papercu

sf97

They just fixed it and sent me a new one
Never heard that before, my SF97 has always said in the first sentence that " The undersigned DEPARTMENT or AGENCY of the United States Government certifies......."
If G/L can "fixed" them, why not just make a copy yourself and fix it?
They tell me a good copier can copy money good enough to pass a light inspection, so just a form should be no trouble and just as legal as anything G/L "fixed". Wayne :?

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
RE: sf97

They screwed up the manufacturing date on mine and I had to send back my original. You paid to have a correct SF97 issued to you. I emailed them to notify them it was on the way back before I sent it though. Ensure you use FEDEX, UPS, or Certified US Mail with return receipt. They claimed I never returned mine until I had to send them the proof. It took two months for them to correct their own stupidity but only one week after I sent a letter to my Congressman with a copy to GL and DLA. DLA is the contracting officer representative for the GL contract.

Jones

Bite the bullet and let them correct the typo. They're the issuer and can/should do that. If you go correcting it yourself, you've just "altered" the document and that can lead to a whole new set of nightmares you don't need.

If you submit the incorrect document to your DMV, you may be able to also fill out a "Statement Of Facts" form (or whatever your DMV calls it), stating that the number is incorrect and that XXXXXXXXXXX is what the correct number should be. The vehicle verification inspection will confirm this and you've just created a paper trail showing that you're the good guy and are trying to be honest and comply with the rules.
The extra time spent getting this straightened out now is well worth the lack of potential headaches down the road.

papercu

sf97

They're the issuer and can/should do that
FYI My point IS that "They" are not the issuer and cannot make changes, it would have to go back to DRMO and you can call them as well or better than G/L could.
I'm not suggesting that you change whole numbering but if you could change a L to a E or even a T easy enough. After all, the SF97 is only a form to obtain a title with, once you have the title this form will never be seen again. Wayne

beaubeau

In some states U R allowed 2 mistakes mon a Bill of Sale or Title. U can fix the problem with some White out and or a coppier. I t all depends how much of a hurry U R.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

From what has been explained to me is that GL has taken over making the SF97s to avoid DRMO mistakes. The SF97s are still signed off by DRMO personnel. This is exactly the reason the wait is so long. GL got tired of being the middleman between all the mistakes and figured it would streamline their operation doing this (wasn't meant to streamline our end).

papercu

SF97

GL has taken over making the SF97s to avoid DRMO mistakes
From the OP statement that still didn't seem to fix anything.
But I just find it hard to believe any DRMO personnel would sign a document like that on just anybody say-so. Those folks used to take CYA very serious. :lol: But I guess "The Times They Are A-Changin' ". Wayne

USMilitarySurplus

RE: SF97

Hi Joe - we can make another one for you. Please send the original SF97 back to us. When you send it back, put a note on it showing the correct info. Also include a copy of your invoice.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks