• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

need a walkthrou for a virgin GL buyer

Streetgliderx

i aint bought yet but i been thinkin bout it i read tons of info in the searches and the stickies bout the EUCs and the SF-97.... can someone help guide me thru what i need to do and when? i need some poor old redneck advice here cause the hardcore tech writin has got me lookin cross-eyed

thanks for your time fellas
Lee

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Lee,

If you are an American Citizen and you've lived at the same address for any length of time, it should be fairly simple. You have to pay for the item with a credit card and once you win you need to be sure to give them a good address. The address must be a known street address (no post office boxes) and hope you have a good home phone number (no cell phone) when completing the EUC. If you don't have a street address where you get mail at OR (not and) you don't have a home phone, you maybe asking for trouble. I'd contact the Defense Logistics Agency folks to see what you can do to mitigate the chances of not getting an approved EUC.

SF97, ensure the everything is correct and matches the frame number and date of manufacturer. If not send it back until it is correct. As with anything, sometimes you win, sometimes you loose. If things get weird you can pop on and ask.

LanceRobson

Good luck Lee and welcome to the joys of dealing with the the DLA and GL. It's usuallly worth the hassle.

Some info that might help:

You must list a credit or debit card when you register with GL. The card seems to have to have the same name and address as the registrant. I couldn't register using a business card with a different address from my mailing address. That may have just been a brain-cramp on my part, though.

You can pay with a different card than the one you registered with if you enter the info when bidding. Again,the address seems to need to be the same.

If you contact GL before the close of the auction you can pay with a bank check (I don't know about a MO). If you are possibly going to bid on lots in more than one auction (GL often has more than one auction close on a particular day) you will need to tell them about each auction. If I am looking at lots in several auctions I give them the numbers of all the auctions right after the auction opens so there's less confusion at the end of the auction.

GL rules require you to remove the property within 14 days of the final award of the contract. I've never had a problem getting that extended by calling the POC at the pick-up point but I some folks have had their feet held to the fire on the time limit. When I've thought the 14 limit might be a problem I've always called before bidding and would avoid bidding if there were no agreement on having more time

You need an EUC for each auction. I.E. Two trucks from the same auction=one EUC. Two trucks from two different auctions (even if they close on the same day)=two EUCs.

If you have a tax re-sale certificate it must be filed with GL before the auction closes or you'll pay sales tax in the state the property is in. GL has all of the state's certificates linked on it's website and you need to file the certificate for the state the property is in. Once the certificate is on file for a particular state. you don't need to file it for each auction.

Lance

LanceRobson

Lee

I should have been a little more clear about the 14 day pick-up. My experience is that if you make a pick-up appointment within the 14 day widow, it can be for a later date, but they want the certainty of knowing when you are coming.

Lance

Streetgliderx

thanks fellas, i am american and lived at same address since born so that part i got covered. i do not own a home phone cause i rarely here and all i get is telemarketers on it. but my folks have a home phone attatched to this address and have had it since 1981. on the 14 day thing you said 14 days from awarding.... does that mean AFTER EUC? is it considered awarded after the EUC clears?. now on the tax re-sale what is this required for?
and has anyone had any problems gettin some help loading if you buy somethin not runnin?

thanks again fellas!

LibertyDeuce

Lee
The joys of an MV far out weigh any grief. As for the 14 day rule, its 14 days after they email you the paid invoice . Never had a problem with picking up any item up from GL. GL yard guys for the most part understand what your going through and generally will be very accomodating, just don't PO them. Lee welcome aboard and happy hunting for your new toy!!

USMilitarySurplus

Lee, you're really gonna like the fellas here on SS. You've probably noticed already that they're helpful and informative.

Our EUC dept told me that a cell phone number, if that's your only phone number, seems to work out fine and not affect the EUC process.

Lance is right - at this time, we do not accept what they call third party credit cards. Please use a card that has the same name as the name on your account with us. Money orders are accepted - like Lance said, please contact us before the auction closes to let us know if you want to use an MO. Contact info: 480-367-1300, info at govliquidation dot com or use the Live Chat tool on our website.

Streetgliderx

hey fellas thanks again! i have the same card with my name and addy on it for 6 years now so it will be what i use. you fellas have been a world of help! maybe soon i can post pics of my MV soon. i aint decided on a deuce or a mog. but leanin on a deuce cause its versatility and availablity

dirtydeuce

please clear this up for me. I was told in one of the other posts that you had 14 days after the euc was awarded to pick up the truck. Now is it 14 days after the auction ends or 14 days after the euc. I would like to drive a truck home but I need some proof of ownership before I get insurance and I need it if the cops have any questions.

bob130ab

Just a heads up notice::

It took 3 months for my EUC to clear. Between the time that I was high bidder and GL processed my credit card for payment, it had expired and I was issued a new one, with new expiration date & new security code. Needless to say, my charges were rejected.
This happened on a Friday. I got a hint via a phone call from VISA which was on my answering machine, I thought it was because of the amount. I had several sleepless nights until I could get this taken care of.

Apparently this happens often. I got an e-mail from GL notifing me that charges were rejected and that I have five days to pay for it. The GL e-mail gave me a direct phone number to the Invoice Clerk that had my folder. He ran my card again and it cleared.

I had updated my GL account and placed bids on other lots weeks before but this didn't update the records for the earlier bid.

Me and two friends will be going to Hattiesburg, MS to pick up 3 817 Dumps for a 600 mile trip back. Sure hope that one of the 3 is roadworthy.

CommieGIR

Whats the average price used M35s go for on GL? I'm hoping to pick one up here soon.

Also, do you have to be present to actually bid on items, or can you bid through the site? I really want an M35...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks