• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Convoy to SteelSoliders Georgia Event in October

rod

Guys,

The the Georgia SteelSoliders are talking about getting together again this fall to have a ralley at the Durhamtown Plantation Offroad Park in Union Point, Georgia. on October 24th thru 26th.

I am thinking about getting a convoy up to make the trip over early Friday morning. I plan on staying over Friday night and returning late Saturday.

I plan on driving the M1009 over and would like to know who else from Alabama would like to join me in the convoy along I20 to Atlanta and then to Union Point, GA area?

I can have POP drive the pickup pulling a gooseneck trailer hauling a couple of mules. This can be our support vehicle should there be a problem with one of the vechiles.

Let me know if interested and joining in. We can plan the details later.

RE: Convoy to SteelSoliders Georgia Event in September

There is about 5-6 guys so far meeting here at the shop in Bama and we are all going to convoy over to the GA rally. I dont know were you are from Decatur Rod. but if you are able to head up here or meet us along the way we would love to join up with you and roll into the Rally together :)

rod

I am in the Anniston/Oxford area. Drop me a PM letting me know the route ya'll plan on taking. We may join up somehwere alomng the way.

Green_gator

I plan to roll north from Florida for the event and could link up in Atlanta.

Capt.Marion

Shoot darnit, I would love to, but being in the marching band and having friday night football and all... we'll have to see. I live north of the Perimeter, so y'all would have to drive past my place... maybe next year...

EDIT: move to GA Rally section?

alphadeltaromeo

Capt...you can come Saturday...no excuses now tisk tisk.

Rod...I'm off the 20...so you'll pass by me. You can come this direction and we can find a few others to convoy over, unless you end up with offy and crew of course.

Andy

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll be headed up from FL but I believe the event will be starting ealrier this year. Thursday comes to mind. Since I have a nearly 2 day ride in a deuce, I'll be leaving early for this event.

Green_gator

Kenny,
You are welcome to make Tampa a stop over point. I have the room and am happy to host you for an evening. Easy access to the Suncoast Expressway and I-75 from here.

FreightTrain

Banned
I am game!I'll be in a deuce.Depends on what day and what time.Heck,I get off at 6AM friday mornings Just off I-20(Gen Dyn OTS) and could just jump over to meet ya.

Capt.Marion

we should be hearing more about times in the fairly near future. Just whenever Clinto has time to go investigate locations.

We now know the GAMVPA rally is 19-20 SEPT, so...

Steaminjim

Just a quick offer, Last year we had two great guys stay at our place the night before the rally. Even had a friend brew up some beer especially for the occasion. javascript:emoticon(':wink:')
Wink Great fun.
The Summerhill Farm is located in Murrayville Ga. just 5 mi south of the end of 400 from Atlanta. We have 12 acres of fields for parking heavy green machines and camping. We also have a 1/2 acre pond stocked with bass and brim for fishing and swimming. Let me know off line if anyone is interested in staying here and then joining up on the last leg of the convoy like we did last year. Or heck have the convoy meet up here or stop here the night before.

Jim Ory

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
There will be a thread with all the dates on the Ga Rally very soon. Be patient my friends, I am doing 70 hour weeks at work.............. but I am almost done.

:beer:

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very curious to know when where etc. to meet. I would be coming from around Alexeandria, La. I-10 and I-20 are about equidistant...

rsh253

John,

I'm hoping to be able to attend and would be coming down from Fort Mill on I-77. If you're going also, I'd like to meet up with you. I'd be driving my M35A2. This will be my 1st rally and will go if at all possible.

-Russ

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Jeese Louise, if you fellers end up with more than 10 deuces or 5tons in one convoy you are going to need Guntruck support. It's a transpo rule

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks