• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Towbar Feet

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Towing something that small with a deuce is not advise-able. We had a buddy towing a 725 and he didn't realized the brakes had locked up till someone yelled FIRE and pointed to the rear of his truck. By the time he stopped, the whole axle was wasted(luckily only the axle). Just food for thought. Might want to get a 105 to put it in. They ARE cheaper than a tow bar too. Anyway, I would say something that small would only need 3/4 pin feet.

emr

tow barring a jeep sized vehicle is fine, there are many times it can be seen , corners etc, it takes one eye on the towed vehicle any time it is there to be seen, I tow bar my m 38 alot,had it in the back alot, its easier to tow bar then ramp , I ramp the mule alot like everywhere, taking a few extra moments to visually check the load is of coarse advisable and common sense. hub temps are one of those things that shoud be done on all tows and trips in these vehicles, I use my hand others use the peromiters,The windshield up and its right there.U can extend the towbar a little and leave the gate low if U want,keeping the towbar tight is not needed for such a light vehicle and make it more visable also.Go for it , its the only way to get experience, just touch every connection after U hook it up...Randy

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks