• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Best source for Primer and or Paint ......

TiredIron

I'm about to start this Bobbed Deuce project and have a 105 trailer to sacrifiice. The bed needs a few spots tweeked straight
and there is the usual surface rust here and there. I'm going to have a mobile sand blaster stop by and give the trailer and the
Deuce a light blastling to eliminate the rust. What would be the best product to shoot the fresh bare metal with,
(it would be nice if it was O.D.) I see people selling orginal CARC paint sometimes and wonder if it would be OK as both the
primer and base color. I've also thought about while the blaster is here ...have him hit the inside of the bed real good and have
it coated with a super thick bed liner product.....perhaps one of the do it yourself kits....I just want it thick and
permanant......oh yeah...and green.
TiredIron

rdixiemiller

Whatever you do, make sure the surface is clean. Hit it with some OsPho, or the equivalent. I like the flat black PPG 2 component primer, it is really tough. Once you do that, any decent topcoat will do. I cannot stress enough the need to properly prepare your metal! Remember, you don't paint metal, you paint the pre-treated metal surface! Do it wrong, and the best paints will peel. Do it right, and a mediocre paint will perform well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks