• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Diesel/oil mix in other vehicles

Dodgeman1941

Has anyone using deisel/oil mix in vehicles other than a multi fuel. I run 60/40 fuel/hyd oil mix in the M35 and am looking at picking up either a diesel crew cab pu or a suburban, and would like to run a mix in it, maybe not to the level of 50/50 but maybe 75/25. What about using kerosene as the base?

1stDeuce

I have a '96 GMC with a 6.5L turbodiesel. I'm currently running WMO through it in small quantities and I haven't noticed anything yet. I'm at about 10% right now. It was my intention that this would help the IP live longer with today's Ultra Low Sulfer diesel, but it's also saving me 10% fuel cost, which is nice...

My deuce is running more like 25% WMO right now, but it doesn't go far.

I don't use WMO from diesel engines if I can help it because the soot really thickens it and I can't see how that would be good for the fuel system. I'm filtering through a paper paint filter-funnel on the way into the tank. (Oh the horror of it!!) I'm going to set up a filter bag system and "clean" barrel for storage soon. This way I won't have 20 1gal jugs waiting to get used.

C

gt1009

1stDuece, Is there any way that you could put a link to the filters you are using up on here? I am wanting to do the same thing with my truck and just need to find a filter bag. I will be using the "Clean" and "Dirty" Barrel system, and hopefully just dripping it in small quantities through a filter bag. Time is not really an issue for me as I only plan on doing about 20 gallons a year.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is there really any reason I could not add a quart of diesel or kerosene to the full tank of my 2004 chevrolet gasoline pickup truck? I used to do this with older cars.

Manstein

Chaplain Emeritus
I have been running a 60/40 mix of 60% diesel and 40% waste auto trans fluid in my '85 VW Golf. I run 100% trans fluid in the deuce with no problem. I collect it in 55 gal drums. I hang a couple of magnets in it and let it sit for about two weeks. I have had no problems with smoke, starting or driving.

It costs zero in fuel to run the deuce :lol:

My cost on the VW with the trans dilution brings the diesel to about 2.50 a gallon and at 47 mpg it makes it the car of the century. I will soon have to get someone to go start it for me since I highly suspect the gas companies have a liquidator looking for me to crush the car with me in it. :twisted:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks