• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NDT, NDCC, and NATO NDT's

Longhunter7

Gentlemen,

If anyone is looking for information on original replacement tires, I have done some research on the subject.

I just found a good source for American made tires in several tread patterns!

I am enclosing a picture of one of the more elusive tires found on Military vehicles, the NATO NDT.

If members need more information, contact me for more details. :cool: :roll:

CGarbee

Longhunter,

I would love to have some photos of NATO NDT's and source info for my website... I have a bunch of folks who have contacted me about getting some, but have not been able to point them to a suppier...

Thanks,

Longhunter7

CGarbee,

The NATO NDT is manufactured in Israel, and we are working on finding a stateside dealer.

Alliance Tire is the manufacturer, but the dealers mostly carry agriculture tires!

If I get any information, I will pass it on to you!

I have enclosed a picture of the NATO NDT! :cool:

CGarbee

Ahhh.... I knew about Aliance, but had hoped you found a dealer who carried them... Do please keep me informed of your progress. Meanwhile, I'll add the photo to my site since it shows the tread a bit better than the one that I have (a used tire that was on a fellow's Norway return WC53)

Elwenil

I take it that you are the Garbee of garbee.net fame? I keep getting that site when I look for tires, lol. Lots of good info on there about M37 rims and tires and some of it applies to M715s also. I keep trying to find a tire in the 11.00-16 size other than the ultra expensive Michelin XLs. I'd love a set of XZLs or even an set of standard NDTs in the 11x16 size, but appearently it's not made. The thought of going with a Swamper or other cheesy offroad tire makes my skin crawl. Hmmm, I wonder if they make the NATO NDT in a 11.00-16 or similar?

CGarbee

Yes, I am...
Sad thing about tires is that there aren't that many narrow 16" rims out there, especially on military vehicles, so you're choices of tires that actually work on the M715 and M37/M101 rims are sorta limited... There are some nice tires made overseas, but getting them into this country at reasonable prices is tough. Until things quiet down a bit, getting the Michelins is going to be expensive as well.
Meanwhile, I am always looking for tire info so if you find anything that looks good and fits the size range that we are looking for, let me know...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks