• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SS Search Feature & Watched Topic Page

Mike_Pop

Two issues:

I've been using the search as always suggested by other members and when I do, I always get a lot of pages that come up. When I click on the page numbers or the next page at the bottom, it never takes me to that page. I just get an error message: No searches match your criteria. I then have to hit my back button, reload, and retype my search.

Another problem is when I view my watched topics and I want to jump to a certain page, I click on the page number and get another error message: Failed to load module PNphpBB2. I've never been able to jump to a page and always had to go to the first page by clicking on the topic.

Is there a solution to these problems?

Alredneck

Banned
Its been discused several times that the search feature is lacking but in its defense we do put erroneous terms for the problems at hand that making the search harder. But I vote new search tools [thumbzup]

Mike_Pop

The problem isn't with the search feature itself but with error pages that come up. Since I am not the only one experiencing this, maybe it should be addressed by the SS web gurus?

Mike_Pop

Mike...I know AOL isn't always compatible with many sites. But what are other people using that may be causing a problem?

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Honestly, the best method I've found for searching Steel Soldiers topics is to simply do a "Google" search. It hits on what your looking for, and you're there.

You might be outside looking in, but you can always stay logged onto SS with a second browser.

Just my method and 2cents

I know what you guys are talking about here is a little different. I've found that issue myself.

Search has always been a bit of a aua all along.

Mike_Pop

oifvet,

It's not so much the search engine itself but the error messages when trying to "jump" to other pages on the search menu or the watched topics menu.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks