• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anybody know about Sam Werner, Tracy City, TN?

Albin

I've heard that he has a lot of MV's mostly Jeep. I've got his phone number from the MVPA site and have been calling him with no answer.

Does anybody know about him and whether or not he has any M35A2's??

Thanks,

Al

P.S. did a search on "Werner" all threads for last year; zero results (you guys don't appear to be "search" nazi's like some discussion forums, but I thought I'd throw it out).

Al

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don;t know if he has any there anymore or not. He had a dozen or so winch kits a few years ago. He had a very rare M60 deuce wrecker for a while but it sold and has since been redone. Eveytime I've called I talked with Otto Bailey. Should be worth the call when you get through. He did have a while lot of Mighty Mites for a while.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don;t know if he has any there anymore or not. He had a dozen or so winch kits a few years ago. He had a very rare M60 deuce wrecker for a while but it sold and has since been redone. Eveytime I've called I talked with Otto Bailey. Should be worth the call when you get through. He did have a while lot of Mighty Mites for a while.

Albin

We went by today having nothing else to do after helping a club member with a lift kit. No M35A2's that I could see, several old M-715's, a bunch of trailers and a couple of 5 tons (?). A few sample pics included below, all pics will be posted by mid next week or.

Thanks,

Al

Albin

Elwenil said:
Any pics of the M715s?

Elwenil:
Pretty much what you see is what I got. The place was closed and there didn't appear to be anybody around. Of the about 10 times I called before we went and the 5-6 times afterwards, I never got an answer, so don't have the status on any items he may have for sale.

Another question: What are the 2 big green crane trucks, are they 5 ton or deuce crane trucks?

Thanks,
Al

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Isn't this the place advertising as Ottocraft in the military vehicles magazine? If you look in the lower corner of the ad, it says going out of business and everything not sold will be scrapped!!!! :evil:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you call ask him when they are closing for good, might be headed that way early December.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
When I hear they are closing, I thought about making a run up there. Any of you Georgia guys wanna get up early on a Saturday and ride up there and see what they have left?

ashrat

I stopped and talked to Sam at his place in Tracy City. He is very friendly and talkative. He was at his "home" in town. He didn't even mention the place outside of town. There is a quick lube place next to the old business location. They told me how to find Sam's place. They didn't know when the business would be open. They said the people weren't around much. Sam didn't have any M35 parts that I needed. He said he could get them from someone else that was "closing out". I went on up to Roger Laws yard (Laws recycling)outside Brandenburg, Ky. I bought most of the stuff I needed from him. We spent about 5 hours getting it all off his trucks. I spent $300 for a rust free bed, $125 for a fender, $25 for a tool box/running board, and $50 each for my pick of tires and wheels. It cost me $25-30 around here just to get a tire fixed. Now I have 4 almost new spares. Roger has an M37 that was in the process of being restored. It has a winch, 11x18 gamma goat conversions, etc, etc, I think it could be bought for $4000 I thought it sounded like a pretty good deal, but I just sold my M37 and have started playing with bigger toys.

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Ashrat,
When were you at Roger's? I was there Saturday about noon, looking for parts for my deuce telephone truck and deuce firetruck - came back empty handed.

Regards,
David Doyle

ashrat

Dave: I was there Tuesday. I called him on Monday to make sure he would be there. I was on my way back from Columbus, Ga after delivering my M37 to a guy down there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks