• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

RT-524 TM 11-5820-401-34-2-1 and TM 11-5820-401-34-2-2

ColdWarCanada

I am looking for two technical manuals for the RT-524 transceiver.

TM 11-5820-401-34-2-1
TM 11-5820-401-34-2-2

They are on the LOGSA site, but I do not have access (both manuals are password protected)

https://www.logsa.army.mil/etms

I have an RT-524 that receives OK, but the transmit is about 300 KHz lower than the receive frequency (tested on 51.000 Mhz receive, transmits on 50.700 MHz). Looks like I will need the alinement procedures......

Can someone download them, and add them to the TM list?

Cheers!

Stuart
http://www.royalsignals.org.uk/photos/Stuart.htm

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
maybe some day they will un-restrict those manuals. The gear is certainly obsolete, good only for ham radio use and use in historic military vehicles.

ColdWarCanada

Manuals are great..........

Update...............
Opened up Part 1 manual
TM 11-5820-401-34-2-1/0967-LP-432-3030

I think the procedure I will have to do is on pages 3-200..........
3-40. MASTER OSCILLATOR A6300 AND BUFFER AMPLIFIER A6400 ALINEMENT.

PURPOSE. The master oscillator is one of the most critical sections of the radio set. It must generate an rf frequency within ±3.5 kHz of the selected transmit frequency. The following procedure ensures that the master oscillator operates within the correct frequency range.

The radio also had a busted handle, and there was the remains of one screw head bouncing around inside the radio. There was only one part found, but there must have been one other screw head as well....... (but I have not found it, or it was already removed).

Looks like all what I will need is a frequency counter, dummy load and multimeter to do the alignment. Just have to make up one test lead for the alinement......

Just need to clear off the workbench enough (no easy task) to do this job. I have several other radios apart at the moment.........

Cheers!

Stuart

post 5466

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I Have a deuce and a half which has com’s for driver, Gunnar and Truck Commander,with this radio could anyone send me the wiring diagram for the cables it also has external squawk box 3 headsets along with other com’s mounted in the truck which they are older than I am used to seeing

Last edited:

papakb

Take a look in the radionerds sub-site at the top of the Radio and Electronics forum. Chris has all of these manuals available for download. Be aware that you need more than a multimeter to align these radios. A good signal generator and frequency counter along with a precision voltage source is required.

http://www.radionerds.com/index.php/Main_Page

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks