• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My New Jeep 1953 Ford M38A1 CDN

metexaco

I bought this Jeep Saturday. The man I bought it from said it was a 1953 Ford. Well right away I assumed He did not know what He was talking about but it was a nice Jeep and I bought it anyhow. There wasn't any of the data plates on the Jeep but He did have a Texas Title stating that it was a 1953 Ford Jeep VIN F200038. When I got home Sunday I check the Jeep out on the internet only to find that Ford did build a M38A1 in 1952 and 53. The VIN's started at 200000.Does anyone know if there might be a serial number stamped on the frame or anywhere else besides the two normal data plates on the M38A1's.
Also under the Jeep on the frame rail in between the front and rear axlles are four rings two on each side. They are bolted to the frame, they look to be maybe a factory addition. Could this be something that would have come standard on the Canadian M38A1's?
Thanks!
John

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks