• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ignition key for M1009... are they all the same???

Alexander

Just brought a M1009 home from a GSA sale... guess what... no ignition key. I need to push it around in the driveway, but can't unlock the steering wheel. Other than taking the wheel off and cylinder to a locksmith, what would you all suggest?
Thanks,
Alex

mangus580

They are all the same (usually) and I know some people even know the codes. I assume Kenny will speak up here and offer up the code. Short of that, I could copy one and mail it to you....

Alexander

I'd like to thank everyone for the quick reply... and especially the code. Since posting earlier I did some research, left a voicemail message for a friend in the reserves, and went to the auto parts store. Yup... you're right... a new assembly cost about $12... so I bought it. Then I needed the tools. $7 for the steering wheel puller and $13 for the funny looking puller to help get the locking ring off... total with tax was $34. Got home and listened to my voicemail. Friend said he has an extra key that's mine if I need it. Back to the parts store tomorrow for a refund. But before doing that I'll make sure the key works. :)

Ya know, I was kind of looking forward to replacing the existing one... I'd never done this before. Once again... thanks for all the help online.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks