• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is the Cape Canaveral GL yard closing?

aboonski

I emailed the GL folks today with the following:

I live near Patrick AFB and Cape Canaveral Air Station and have noticed that hardly anything is being offered at the Canaveral Air Station location anymore. My guess is that you will probably close this location. I miss the old Patrick AFB GL outlet that closed several years ago. Please let me know what is going on out at the Cape. If you do close the Cape, where will items go that were destined for the Cape?

The reply:

Dear Mr. Broadbent:

Thank you for your email. There are several ways to search by location on the www.govliquidation.com website. First, at the top of each GL web page is a quick 1-2-3 search by keyword, location and manufacturer. Simply select the state of interest from the drop down box under location to find items in that state. Second, searching by location is available through the Locations tab in the blue menu bar located at the top of the screen (just below the 1-2-3 quick search). Click on the state of interest from the United States map to be directed to individual location information within that state. Then select “View Lots” under the location of interest. A search bar with a drop down menu is also available directly below the United States map. Lastly, a location search can also be made through GL’s Advanced Search function. Scroll down the page to select either the “Location of Merchandise” or the “Warehouse” of interest. Multiple locations may be selected by holding down the Control (Ctrl) key.

We hope this information has been helpful; feel free to contact us if you require additional assistance and have a great day!

Warmest Regards,

Customer Service Department

Government Liquidation, LLC

DOD Surplus, LLC

15051 N. Kierland Blvd., Third Floor

Scottsdale, AZ 85254

Phone: 480-367-1300

Fax: 480-367-1450

Email: info@govliquidation.com

Online Help: http://www.govliquidation.com/help/index.html

My question is still unanswered.
Does anybody know what is goin on out at the Cape? When we lost the Patrick AFB DRMO lot and they moved things to the Cape, a lot of us were shocked and saddened. My guess is that GL will soon close the Cape as well as evidenced by the lack of listings for the Cape Canaveral site right now.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks