• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M715 Rims

Knottofs

Ive got a M715 with 35-12.50 R16LT Super Swappers on it, and still using the original lock ring rims. Ive just had my 98th flat tire again due to the inner tube. And in the process of changing the tube out, I about took off my thumb. Where can I get some rims for the M715 that will fit the 35-12.50 R16LT Super Swappers, they’re bran new. Any info would be very much appreciated.
Thanks, Captain Jack

Elwenil

Only option is custom rims sice there is nothing commonly available that fit the M715 bolt pattern except some very old dually rims. Several people have gotten Marsh Racing rims for their M715s.

http://www.mrt-wheels.com/

I believe Stockton Wheels can also make them, but they are way overpriced the last time I checked.

Are you using flaps with the stock rims?

Elwenil

Yes, I take it since you know what I meant that you are using them. I have run into some who didn't and had tube issues because of not using them.

Barrman

What tubes are you using and how old are they? NDT bias ply tubes will not work inside your radial SS tires. Plus, if the tubes are more than 5 years or so, they probably cracked like crazy expanding out to the SS size.

Wolf.Dose

f
For a 12.50 wide tire you need at least a 10 inch wide bed of the rim. Else the tires wear to much in the center. The original tubes are made for 9.00-16. If you have Michelin or other European tubes they are made for 9.00-16 and 11.00-16 tires. You can not use tubes on tubeless tires for the air bubbles you keep between the tube and the air prove tire. These bubles easily destrois your tube by overheating regardless to the tire pressure you use. Excemption is only a tire with says on the sidewall: tubeless, tubes may be used. The actuall known alternative is the 255/100R16 by Michelin. If Danubina started to produce again, there is probalbly the possibility to get Galaxy V-90 again. But I'm not shure whether the can deliver again. Galaxy V-90 is originally a Titan tire.
Wolf
M715 since 1982

Elwenil

I've used tubes in tubeless tires for years with no problems. You have to get radial tubes for radial tires, and bias tubes for biasply tires, but that is the only concern I have run into.

Wolf.Dose

European Tire And Rim Organisation ETRTO does not allow tubes in tubeless tires unless otherwise stated. All European tire maker follow that. I do not know, what tire and rim says to this issue, my copy is more than 10 years old.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks