• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Grafting a DUKW hull onto a CCKW ? ? ?

jason@snakeriver

Would it be worth the time and effort to put a DUKW hull on a CCKW ??? Or how about a M-135, making a super DUKW ? ? ?
Or would it be a total PITA and end up with a scabbed togeather outfit ??? Tom

Alredneck

Banned
Why bother wasting the time the DUKW used CCKW parts when it was built so everything should transfer over to keep you from cutting up the DUKW. I guess it would depend on what your goal is? If you have a DUKW and it doesnt run but have good CCKW engines and axles and other parts then they will work in it thus not having to transfer the hull onto another frame. On the other hand if the frame is rotten or bent and needs replaced then use th CCKW frame the COE frame is the matching frame for it exactly but a regular truck frame should be really close if not spot on. More details of what you are trying to get done along with pics would help out alot. Captain

jason@snakeriver

It is Ebay # 200233102473 and it is right next door to me. I need to go look at it. You always like to get into a project on the cheap, but it always ends up biting you in the rear in the end - money wise.
I am working on 2 T-15 weasels and I am up to $5,000 apiece in cash outlay and still a long ways to go. Tom

jasonjc

Yes that does look like ALOT of work. But it wont be long befor a project like that will be the only way to get one. On a side note , why it the would some one cut a door into the side of a boat????????

Wolf.Dose

DUKW use the AFKWX frame. WB is same as CCKW353. But front and rear overhang is silgtly different; also some mounts attached to the frame. So, built up a DUKW and slaughter some CCKW. DUKW are much reare than CCKW and in some parts of the world still in active daily use. There is no commercial of the shelf replacement awailable worldwide.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks