• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gasoline in the oil ????

Elohim1

I have just purchased a m715 with the stock 6cyl. and have found it is getting gasoline in the oil ???

I am assuming it could be bad fuel pump , needs carb rebuilt or rings are bad.

How can I locate what the problem is so I can fix it??? :confused:

thanks !!!

Elwenil

I agree that it sounds like a bad fuel pump, and that is not real bad to check, but I'd run a compression test to be sure it's not a ring problem. The pumps are available through several places like Memphis Equip. The civilian version of the dual action pump can be had at Napa also, but I believe it lacks the fitting for the sealed venting system. Or if you don't need the vacuum pump and aren't concerned about originality there is a modification you can do to a small block Mopar fuel pump that will work on the 230.

MIKE2A6X2

I had the same problem on my m37. The previous owner ran his own line trying to get it to run and ended up hooking the fuel lines to the vaccume side for the wipers. After i fixed that and changed the oil it started right up. He would be pissed if he found out because i bought the truck for $800

osut362

my 715 did the same thing. it filled the pan full of gas and started leaking out the rear main seal. 715's are famous for leaking at the rear main seal also. r/m seal is where i thought i had the problem and i ruined the engine before i figured out the problem....al

bcowanwheels

most likely the oil line from pass. side of block to rear of head went bad as they all do. its gives the impression of rear main seal leaking. this line is hi pressure and feeds oil to top end of engine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks