• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Seat back modification

Warren Lovell

Hey guys,

I hated the slip on stock cover, so I bought some premium grade plywood and cut the back to fit.
I allowed room for the upholstery material to fit in the seat frame.
I marked and drilled 1/4" holes in four loactions 4" in from the sides.
I positioned the wood panel in the frame and automatic center ounched the seat frame metal panel for drilling.
I put the 1/4-28 bolts through the wood seat back and traced the bolt head with a fine tipped pen.
I took a dremel with the routing attachment and carefully routed out the shape of the bolt head to the depth of the bolt head.
I put 5 minutes epoxy in the area where the bolt head sits recessed.
Now I just have to have the seat back upholstered in the foam and material of my choice and its ready for install.

I improved the seat bottom as well by using thicker metel for the hinge and running it straight acroos the rear of the bottom seat panel. I didn't bend the metal, but cut and welded it to correct length. I will have photos of that when I'm done.

Warren

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks